Saturday, November 12, 2011

Kylie's coming back

 
Kylie Minogue will release a new album next year on EMI, Music Week can confirm.
The LP has been recorded at Abbey Road and will contain reworkings of classics from throughout Minogue's career. It celebrates 25 years since the release of her debut single Locomotion.

Minogue was at Abbey Road last night as part of the EMI New Music Sessions. She revealed she’d actually been working there for the past two weeks, as well as details of the album.
The news comes after she tweeted pictures of herself inside a studio last month pointing towards a 12th album.

“I’ve been at Abbey Road for about two weeks in total,” she revealed after performing a stripped down, orchestral version of her 2000 hit ‘On A Night Like This’.


“Not just for this, I’ve been working on a project for next year. Next year’s my 25th anniversary so we’ve been recording acoustic and orchestral versions of a number of my hits.”

The Aussie singer went on to compliment the staff at Abbey Road saying commenting on a lack of ‘attitude’ at the studio despite the music icons it has accommodated over its illustrious history.

I am very excited about this, can't wait for the results, they should be fantastic. I have always wanted to hear some of her songs in a stripped down orchestral or acoustic versions. This should be fun

2 comments:

  1. Very much looking forward to this. I hope she will include "Finer Feelings", "Confide In Me", "Turn It Into Love", "I Should Be So Lucky" and "On A Night Like This" - to name a few...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's done so many "stripped-down versions" of her hits (not least her appearances on Jools Holland's shows) that I have no doubt it will be magnificent! Jx

    ReplyDelete