Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Golden Girls

Well, well, well, I guess it is summer since I have started to watch "The Golden Girls" yet again. It seems for the past few years I always watch again one of my all time fave TV sitcom, "The Golden Girls" during the summer. It hink it is the third summer in a row I begin to watch it again from season 1-7. It does not seem to matter how many times I watch this 80's sitcom I always seem to laugh and enjoy it as much as ever.  The sluttiness of Blanche, the naive innocense of Rose, the satiric and ironic humour or Dorothy or the feistiness of Sophia always get me to laugh time and time again.

Storyline





The Golden Girls is based on the lives and interactions of four older women whom have all been divorced/widowed, and are now roommates. Dorothy's main goal during the series is to find a companion she can relate to while her mother Sophia adds her comical outlook and frequents "Picture This" stories. Rose's St. Olaf-ness makes her a little corny but lovable. One thing that changes nearly every episode is whom Blanche is courting.


I remember watching this show back in the 80's when I was a little boy. A little kid watching a show about 4 older women and finding it hilarious, camp and fantastic must have given away my gayness right away, hehe. When my lovable and fantastic boyfriend gave me the DVD releases as christmas presents a few years back I was so happy because I had not seen it in years but did remember how much I had loved and enjoyed this show when I was a kid. Back then I used to love Sophia the most and the complete sluttiness of Blanche, but today I think I love Rose the most. Her sometimes naive and simple view of the world can be hilarious. The fantastic Betty White plays her brilliantly and with such humour, not to mention the famous St. Olaf stories. However we cannot ignore the comedic brilliance of Bea Arthur (Dorothy) who with her furious deep voice and satiric one liners keeps us laughing very hard. Also Rue MacClanahan (Blanche) and Estelle Getty (Sophia) and each episode of all the 7 seasons has many, many funny moments from these ladies. Sadly only Betty White is still alive today, but we can remember them fondly by watching the fab Golden Girls and laugh again and again

Dorothy


Blanche


Sophia


Rose


Here is a very funny moment of the girls out shopping for a trip they are going on, when they decide to buy condoms to keep them sexually safe, hehe




And of course there are many, many great moments we have had when it comes to Blanche and her "urges" and "devasting beauty", hehe


All those funny moments of Rose and her wacky St. Olaf stories amongst other things



Some of Dorothy's best moments


And who can forget the feisty little Italian lady, Sophia



 I hope you enjoyed this little Golden Girls moment.
Kisses, teddixxx

4 comments:

  1. Their selfless work for the "needy sexy people" will never be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha, those those "needy sexy people" really need their help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! One of the Funnest Timeless sitcoms EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get tired of it, it always makes me laugh and smile. Love them to pieces

    ReplyDelete