Monday, November 7, 2011

Director's Cut - Kate Bush, not so good :(



I have been waiting for some time to listen to Kate Bush's "Director's Cut" and I have finally managed to listen to it.



What can I say other then it is AWFUL. What the hell was the woman thinking? I have been a fan for a few years now and I own all her albums. I think she is a brilliant composer and producer who has done fantastic songs such as This Woman's Work, Moments of Pleasure, Wuthering Heights, Running up that Hill and many many more.

By making this album (a reworked collection of some older songs from the fab albums The Sensual World and The Red Shoes) she has not earned any points on my behalf. Like I said I have loved her for years, but I feel the reworkings of the songs on this album plain awful with perhaps the exception of Moments of Pleasure.



I just hope the new album is better than this, for I have a feeling I am not going to be listening to Director's Cut alot in the future. If anyone has heard this album, please let me know what you think, I can't be the only one who feels this way about these reworkings.




3 comments:

  1. OO-er! I have yet to listen to Director's Cut, and now I've read your impression of it I may not be rushing to do so... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly terrible (especially "Sensual World" and "Rubberband Girl"). For the life of me I cant understand what the hell she was thinking!

    Hopefully the new album will be more up to her old standards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would skip it Jon, it just made me irritated and very disapointed. And yes Henry, The Sensual World and Rubberband Girl and god awful and terrible. She sounds like she ate the microphone and is singing those songs while it is stuck in her throat.

    ReplyDelete