Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kate Bush on again



Hey guys :)

Just a quick note saying that I am still here, but been very busy lately. I did however watch a fantastic documentary the other day about the fabulous yet eclectic Kate Bush and her groundbreaking album "Hounds of Love"



After watching this documentary, which is titled "Hounds of Love: A classic album under review" I was reminded of Kate Bush's brilliance so I am starting to re-visit all her albums and enjoying them all again :)



The only album I had ever listened to over and over again with Kate Bush was "Hounds of Love" so I am trying to immerse myself into all her albums and I am still stuck on "The Kick Inside" which is brilliant.

I have always loved Kate Bush and her music, but it wasn't until in 2003 that I discovered the masterpiece "Hounds of Love" and to this day it is one of the best albums I have ever listened to. The way she sings and performs, produces and writes on this album is pure brilliance.

Even though some of he stuff needs patience and repeat listening  there is no denying she is a very talented artist in a league of her own.

Let's just hope she will release a new album soon (been 6 years already, and then there was  12 year gap before that).

Here are some of her all time greatest songs and my personal faves:







There are of course many, many others.

Enjoy, kisses, teddixxx

4 comments:

  1. Great post - I like "The Kick Inside" a lot - it has aged pretty well. ("Moving" is probably one of my fave early Kate songs). It was actually a number 1 single in Japan - the only place that released it as an A-side! The B-side: "Wuthering Heights"! You gotta love the Japanese :)

    "Hounds Of Love" is of course amazing - especially the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthering Heights was the first song I ever heard with Kate Bush (in English class in high school nonetheless). I immediately fell in love with her voice and went out and bought The Kick Inside and have been a huge fan ever since :o) Though haven't listened to Hounds of Love, will give it a listen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should check out Hounds of Love, it is such a great album and showcases the enormous talent that Kate Bush really is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hrafnhildur HaldorsenOctober 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM

    I have always loved "Wuthering Heights," "Mná na hÉireann" (or however you write it! ;) ) and I also like "Babooshka". I have never listen to her faithfully but I have to say that I really like "Moments of pleasure". Very powerful song! :D

    ReplyDelete